If you’re getting started with the home-buying process in Rhode Island, congratulations! Buying a new home is an exciting step, full of promise and potential. However, before you get started, there are a few things in mind. Take into consideration the “10 Commandments of Buying A Home” which will make the process go smoothly.
1. Thou shalt not change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
2. Thou shalt not buy a car, truck or van (or you may be living in it!).
3. Thou shalt not use credit cards excessively or let current accounts fall behind.
4. Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
5. Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Thou shalt not buy furniture on credit.
7. Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
8. Thou shalt not make large deposits without checking with your loan officer.
9. Thou shalt not change bank accounts.
10. Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.
Ready to Start Your Home Search?
Now that you’re armed with the most important commandments of the home-buying process, let’s get started! In addition to these handy tips, we also offer a variety of other resources—from mortgage calculators to first-time buyer guides—meant to simplify your buying journey.
With close to 100 years of experience in Rhode Island, a wide network of local contacts, and a wealth of professional experience, the experts at the Gustave White Sotheby’s International Realty are dedicated to helping you find your dream home. Give us a call today, and let’s get started!
Newport – 401.849.3000 | Tiverton – 401. 816.4060 | gustavewhite.com